Creating mesmerizing videos on Android doesn’t require pro skills
Short videos like Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts and TikTok Stories have taken social media by storm. Although all these social media apps have in-app editing features, nothing beats a dedicated video editing app on your phone. You can also make wonderful memories on your last vacation trip.
If you’re new to video editing, our program selection is easier than desktop programs like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro. If you’re looking to get your video game fix, our favorite Samsung Galaxy phones have great cameras. The apps in this guide were chosen because they offer powerful editing features without being difficult to use, work on most Android phones and tablets, and are cheap or free.
Here are the ones we’ll be covering:
5. Viva Video
Filmr app is an easy to use video editing app for Android and iOS based phones. Perfect for beginners as well as advanced video creators – it has a simple, fast and intuitive interface. You can add transitions, effects, filters and more to turn your basic video into something really cool. If you’re looking for speed, flexibility and a premium look for your videos, Filmr is the place for you.
Review: Filmr has a rating of 4.4/5 based on 8126 user reviews and has over 1 million downloads and counting on the Playstore.
Price: InVideo has a free version that allows you to create watermarked videos. Paid plans start at $15 per month
– There is no limit on the number of photos/videos you can import
– Smooth and unique transitions between videos
– Multiple fonts to make your text stand out
– Easily change video formats: horizontal (16:9 and 4:5), vertical (4:3), story (9:16) and square (1:1)
– 20 million+ royalty free music library
– Filters and special effects to change videos
– The best thing about Filmr is that it has no ads!
– It has a vertical editing window, which makes video editing very convenient unlike other programs
– manage videos, photos and audio clips by dragging and dropping videos
– allows you to find any song with a simple search or add a song from an existing file
– Reverse, flip and rotate videos with one tap
– Remove watermarks easily by viewing ads or going PRO
– Save to gallery or export directly to social media apps
– Set the transition duration to specific seconds
– Record and edit videos directly from the app
– Set the duration of the text in the video in the text bar
– There is no undo option in the Android version
– Limited number of filters
– Can’t record audio in live app
– Can’t choose video size before saving
– Does not support multiple languages
Quik is one of the best free video editing apps for Android brought to you by GoPro. With the Quik app, you can create stunning videos in just a few taps.
Add transitions and effects automatically and use sync themes to create stunning and shareable transitions. It does most of the editing automatically; However, Quik allows you to change the details.
Review: Quik is rated 4.4/5 based on 476,637 user reviews Quick is a free video editing app for Android phones.
Price: Quik is a free video editing app for Android phones.
– Add up to 75 photos and video clips from your gallery, cloud storage or GoPro Plus
– Compatible with motion pictures
– Unlimited backup with 100% quality.
– GPS sticker to display GoPro video speed
– AI-powered face, motion and sound detection for perfect shots. Open for manual correction
– 23+ themes for any event
– Record video, trim or rotate, add text overlay, change video speed
– Videos in different sizes – square, portrait or cinema
– 100+ free background music or add your own
– export HD 1080p
– QuikStories – Works with the GoPro app and compiles great videos and media captured in the last 72 hours.
– The PRO version automatically backs up your GoPro photos
– Can manage video from any camera or device
– Handles 4k video, which is a big win over other apps
– Do not leave a watermark
– Great for basic editing
– Quik photo feature allows you to create the best photos as a special event
– Automatically edit music to match video hits
– Save your project in cloud storage for a limited time, so you can’t go back anytime
– Lack of undo option makes it difficult to go back to previous edits
– satisfactory customer support. Even after several user reports, problems and bugs remain unresolved.
– Auto correction makes it difficult to master
A powerful video editing app, Filmora go is also the best free video editing app for Android phones that doesn’t add watermarks or time limits to your clips. It helps you create beautiful videos with various effects and presets. You can share your videos directly from the platform to your friends on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp.
Review: FilmoraGo has an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on 626,723 user reviews.
Pricing: Filters and effects can be purchased through in-app purchases ranging from $0.99 to $34.99 per item.
– Import from social networking sites like Instagram and Facebook
– Extensive library of licensed songs
– Lip sync your videos
– Produce videos in different sizes – square, movie
– Flip, trim or rotate video, overlay text, play faster
– Multiple fast or slow motions in one video
– Change the movement name and time, you can add multiple names
– German, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, etc. support many international languages such as
– Easy to use and loaded with free features
– Professionally produced, high quality videos
– Access to high quality preset templates in the PRO version
– The abundance of presets, filters and effects does not support the teaching method strongly
– The sound is always off until the end of the video
– Horizontal timeline makes video editing difficult
KineMaster is a complete video editor for Android. It has powerful tools that are easy to use. It has more than 2500 downloadable transitions, effects, videos, images and transitions. The addition of EQ presets, duck and volume conversion tools make KineMaster audio very interesting and powerful. The Premium subscription also features unlimited exporting in resolutions up to 4K.
Review: KineMaster has a rating of 4.4/5 based on 4,511,621 user reviews.
Annual fee after seven-day free trial
– Built-in graphics, fonts, stickers, transitions, clips, etc. to spice up your videos.
– Videos, stickers, photos, text, etc.
– Includes keyframe animation tools to add motion to layers
– Sound overtones, sound changer, sound effects, background music
– Create beautiful effects with blending mode
– YouTube, Facebook, Dropbox, etc. Share
– green screen, volume up, volume down, volume control, chroma key, etc.
– You can add multiple audio and video layers, perfect for advanced developers
– Stickers, images, backgrounds, etc. from the asset store. You can download many assets like
– Regularly updated Youtube channel for how-to tutorials
– Difficult to cut video and audio with a tight timeline
– it takes time to learn
– Subscriptions are sometimes not displayed on the device
– The app only works in landscape mode, which can be annoying
– Very advanced for beginners
– Remove the watermark in the free version
VivaVideo is a free video editing app for Android that includes all the basic functions you can think of and some advanced features that make it the ultimate contender.
VivaVideo is one of the best video editing software with video editing features, make video from photos with music, edit video with transitions, add video to video, join video clips, add music to video and more. There are hundreds of special effects/stickers/filters/animated clips to transform your videos. You can share videos directly to social media apps within the app.
Review: VivaVideo has a rating of 4.6/5 based on 12,970,605 user reviews.
Annual VIP membership
– Professional music video maker with songs and effects
– Make videos from photos and songs
– Multiple video editing effects: blur background, slow down video, speed up video, etc.
– Combine multiple video clips to make one video
– You can cut, edit, join and paste while editing videos
– 720p, 1080p, 4K, etc. Export video on demand like
– Has a built-in slow motion video creator
– Works great for short clips for social media
– Easy to use even for hobbyists
– Cut and place clips where you want
– Every new update causes problems with the app
– Tend to distort the text or image or place it anywhere in the video
– Some problems when adding music to videos
– Difficult to add and manage multiple audio/video files
– Lots of ads in the free version make it hard to focus